Overcoming Technical and Time Constraints: A Case Study of Developing a Tizen Application in a Week

Creating an application for Tizen in just one week was a challenging task, but with careful planning and efficient development, we were able to deliver a successful product for a major presentation in Romania. Our starting point was an existing Angular application, which we knew would be easy to adapt to the Tizen platform. However, there were still several obstacles to overcome in such a short timeframe. One of the first things we did was to assess the scope of the project and determine what was possible within the given timeframe. We knew that we would need to prioritize certain tasks and possibly omit others in order to meet the deadline.

We also had to familiarize ourselves with the Tizen software development kit (SDK). This included learning about the Tizen application model, UI framework, and other platform-specific features. Once we had a good understanding of the Tizen platform, we began the process of porting our Angular application. This involved modifying the code to adhere to Tizen’s requirements and testing to ensure compatibility. We carefully planned our development process and made sure that we were utilizing our time effectively. This meant dividing tasks and working collaboratively to ensure that everything was moving forward smoothly.

In addition to the technical aspects of development, we also had to consider the user experience and ensure that the application was intuitive and easy to use. We conducted user testing and made refinements based on the feedback we received. One of the biggest challenges we faced was the limited documentation and support for Tizen development.

Another key factor in our success was our ability to adapt and be flexible. Tizen development was new to us, and we had to be open to learning and adjusting our approach as needed. This helped us to overcome any obstacles and complete the project on time. In addition to the technical challenges, we also had to work efficiently as a team to meet the tight deadline. This meant coordinating our efforts, dividing tasks, and continuously communicating with each other to ensure that everything was on track.

One of the unexpected challenges we encountered during development was connectivity issues between our stations and Tizen-powered devices. We found that the devices were not consistently connecting to our stations, which slowed down the development process and added extra time for debugging and troubleshooting. We were eventually able to resolve this issue by updating the device firmware and implementing a more reliable connection protocol.

Another issue we encountered was related to CORS (Cross-Origin Resource Sharing). Tizen has strict security measures in place to prevent unauthorized access to resources, and this caused problems with our application’s ability to access certain data. We were able to resolve this issue by creating a CORS system from scratch for this use case in our application and configuring the Tizen security policy to allow the necessary access.

Despite the challenges, we were able to complete the Tizen application in time for the presentation. The final product was well-received by the audience, and we were proud of the work we had accomplished in such a short period of time. Overall, our experience with Tizen development was a valuable learning opportunity. We gained valuable skills and knowledge that will be useful in future projects, and we feel confident in our ability to deliver successful products on any platform.

Let's see how we can help you